Decadent Chocolate Ice Cream
Category All Desserts and Sweets, All Recipes, Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts,
Need something cold and indulgent to cool down on a scorching hot day? Look no further than this sugar-free chocolate ice cream. Try the chocolate chunk variation for even more chocolatey goodness.
Makes 8 servings.
- In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs and set aside. Combine Stevita, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan, then slowly stir in milk.
- Cook milk mixture over medium heat and stir until it starts to simmer. Slowly pour 1 cup of the milk into the beaten eggs, whisking all the while to avoid cooking them.
- Return the egg mixture to the hot milk mixture, then keep cooking and stirring over low heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Mix in heavy whipping cream, half-and-half, and vanilla extract until combined. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Churn and freeze according to ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (PER SERVING): 211 CALORIES; 18G TOTAL FAT; 6G PROTEIN; 8G CARBOHYDRATE • FOOD EXCHANGES: 3 1/2 FAT
Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
Melt 1 to 2 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate in a double boiler and add Stevita to chocolate for desired sweetness. Cool slightly, then spread chocolate onto wax paper and allow to harden. Remove paper and break chocolate into small pieces.
Halfway through churning the ice cream, open the container and slowly stir in the chocolate chunks. Close the container and resume processing the ice cream.