Baked Flan with Butterscotch Sauce
Category All Desserts and Sweets, All Recipes, Puddings & Custards,
Impress any guest with this dinner party dessert. A drizzle of butterscotch sauce renders this eggy confection irresistibly sweet.
Makes 5 servings.
Baking time: 60 to 75 minutes
Chill time: 5 to 6 hours
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat milk in a heavy saucepan until just simmering.
- While milk heats up, beat eggs until foamy in a medium-sized bowl. Slowly pour in hot milk, whisking all the while to avoid cooking the eggs. Stir in Stevita and vanilla extract.
- Pour milk mixture through a strainer into a 1-quart casserole or soufflé dish. Cover dish with lid or aluminum foil, then place in a roasting pan on the middle oven rack.
- Pour 2 inches of water into roasting pan and bake until custard is set and a sharp knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 60 to 75 minutes.
- Remove dish from roasting pan and cool to room temperature on wire rack. Chill in refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours.
- Spoon flan into dishes and top with Butterscotch Sauce.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (PER SERVING): 139 CALORIES; 5G TOTAL FAT; 12G PROTEN; 11G
CARBOHYDRATE • FOOD EXCHANGES: 1 LEAN MEAT;1/2 FAT