Refrigerated Sour Cream and Raisin Pie
Category All Desserts and Sweets, All Recipes, Pies, Cobblers & other Desserts,
Sour Cream and Raisin Pie might have some old school connotations, but this isn’t your grandmother’s pie. We’ve updated it to be sugar free, with a puddinglike filling instead of a baked custard. Want a new dessert to bring for the holidays? Wow everyone with this pie!
Makes 8 servings.
Cooking time: At least 6 minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks until well beaten. Set aside.
- Combine Stevita, milk, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring continuously.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking for 3 more minutes, still stirring.
- Mix 1 cup of hot milk mixture into beaten eggs, whisking constantly to avoid scrambling the eggs. Add the egg mixture back to the hot milk mixture in the saucepan, still stirring constantly to preserve the eggs.
- Cook over medium heat, continuing to stir, until near boiling; continue cooking and stirring 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the raisins, sour cream, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour the hot filling into baked Single-Crust Pastry and refrigerate until chilled. Cover pie with Whipped Cream and serve cold.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (PER SERVING): 307 CALORIES; 16G TOTAL FAT; 7G PROTEIN; 35G CARBOHYDRATE • FOOD EXCHANGES: 1 STARCH; 1 FRUIT; 3 FAT