Nutty Coconut Cream Pie
- STEVITA ORGANIC SPOONABLE STEVIA - 9 TEASPOONS
OR SIMPLY-STEVIA PURE STEVIA - 1 1/8 TSP.
OR STEVITA ORGANIC SPOONABLE STEVIA - 18 PACKETS
- CORNSTARCH - 1/3 CUP
- ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR - 2 TABLESPOONS
- SALT - 1/4 TEASPOON
- EGGS - 3
- MILK - 3 CUPS
- BUTTER - 1 TABLESPOON
- VANILLA EXTRACT - 2 TEASPOONS
- ALMOND EXTRACT - 2 TEASPOONS
- COCONUT FLAKES (SUGAR-FREE COCONUT IS AVAILABLE AT HEALTH FOOD STORES) - 1 1/4 CUPS
- CHOPPED TOASTED ALMONDS - 3/4 CUP
- WHIPPED CREAM - (SEE INDEX)
- TOASTED COCONUT - (OPTIONAL)
- PREPARED COCONUT CRUST - (SEE INDEX)
OR FAVORITE SINGLE CRUST PASTRY
In medium saucepan, stir together stevia, cornstarch, flour, and salt; stir in eggs until mixture is well blended. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; continue boiling and stirring 2 more minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, almond extract and vanilla; stir in coconut and chopped almonds until blended. Pour into baked pie crust. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface; refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or until set. Just before serving, spread with Whipped Cream; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Makes 8 servings.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING: