Double Fudge Brownies
- BUTTER - 6 TABLESPOONS http://impactzone.com/maps341
- UNSWEETENED BAKING CHOCOLATE - 4 OUNCES article source
- http://carrie.gottuso.com/map354 SKIM MILK - 1/3 CUP
- UNSWEETENED APPLESAUCE - 1/3 CUP
- EGG YOLK - 1
- VANILLA - 1 TEASPOON
- FLOUR - 2/3 CUP
- STEVITA ORGANIC SPOONABLE STEVIA - 4 TABLESPOONS
OR SIMPLY-STEVIA PURE STEVIA - I 1 1/2 TSP.
OR STEVITA ORGANIC SPOONABLE STEVIA - 24 PACKETS
- BAKING POWDER - 1/2 TEASPOON
- SALT - 1/8 TEASPOON
- EGG WHITES - 4
- CREAM OF TARTAR - 1/8 TEASPOON
- WALNUTS - 1/3 CUP, CHOPPED
Melt butter and chocolate into milk and applesauce in a saucepan. Whisk mixture until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and whisk in egg yolk, vanilla, and stevia until stevia is dissolved. Taste mixture and adjust sweetness to personal tastes by whisking in more stevia a little bit at a time until it dissolves. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth. Allow to cool. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate mixture. Fold in walnuts if desired. Pour batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated oven at 350°F until brownies spring back from a light touch or a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (18-20 minutes). Cool on wire rack.
Makes 8 brownies.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING: