- PITTED CHERRIES - 2 16-OZ PACKAGES FROZEN, NO-SUGAR-ADDED
- RESERVED CHERRY JUICE - 3/4 CUP
- STEVITA ORGANIC SPOONABLE STEVIA - 5 TABLESPOONS
OR SIMPLY-STEVIA PURE STEVIA - 1 3/4 TSP.
OR STEVITA ORGANIC SPOONABLE STEVIA - 30 PACKETS
- ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR - 4 TEASPOONS
- CORNSTARCH - 4 TEASPOONS
- GROUND NUTMEG - 1/4 TEASPOON
- ALMOND EXTRACT - 1 TEASPOON
- DOUBLE-CRUST PASTRY - (SEE INDEX)
Thaw cherries completely in a strainer placed in a bowl; reserve 3/4 cup cherry juice. Set aside. In small, heavy saucepan, mix stevia, flour, cornstarch, and nutmeg. Stirring constantly, add cherry juice and heat to boiling. Continue stirring and cooking 2 more minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cherries and almond extract. Roll half of pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie pan. Place pastry into pan. Pour cherry mixture into pastry. Roll remaining pastry on floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 10 strips, 1/2-inch wide. Arrange pastry strips over filling. Weave into lattice design; trim. Fold edge of lower crust over ends of lattice strips. Seal and flute edge. Bake at 425°F for 35 to 40 minutes or till pastry is browned. Cool.
Makes 8 Servings.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING: